Day 1 – Salisbury Cathedral
Board our private executive coach at your preferred pick up points – stop at a convenient property en route such as Salisbury Cathedral, a beautiful historic building, an international symbol of Christianity and a world class heritage attraction – continue to the 4* Norton Park Hotel on the outskirts of Winchester.
Day 2 – Guided tour of Winchester, Winchester Cathedral & Jane Austen’s House Museum
Guided tour of Winchester takes in sights such as Queen Eleanor's Gardens, and a visit to the Great Hall, to see the table around which allegedly King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table met – originating back to the 7th century when a Christian church was first built on this site, Winchester Cathedral has played a fundamental part in the life of this ancient city and a role in the history of our nation – Jane Austen’s House Museum in Chawton is where the world-renowned author spent the last eight years of her life and where she wrote some of her most popular works.
Day 3 – Isle of Wight & Osborne House
Take a Wightlink ferry crossing from Portsmouth to Fishbourne for a scenic tour of the Isle of Wight taking in sights such as The Needles and Alum Bay – when Queen Victoria and Prince Albert bought Osborne House and its estate in 1845, the old house was demolished and a new three storey pavilion was built.
Day 4 – Mary Rose Museum & Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
The brand new Mary Rose Museum captures the frozen moment in time seconds before Henry VIII's flagship sank on a fine summer day on 19 July 1545 as she sailed into action against the French fleet providing a time capsule of the ship, her fittings, weaponry and armament, and all the possessions of her 500 crew and soldiers from the Admiral to the common sailor – explore the rest of Portsmouth Historic Dockyard attractions including HMS Victory, HMS Warrior 1860, National Museum of the Royal Navy, and a boat tour of the harbour.
Day 5 – Watts Gallery
Stop at a convenient property en route home such as Watts Gallery near Guildford where a guided tour introduces us to a fine collection of works by the eminent Victorian artist GF Watts, while the nearby Watts Chapel is an Arts and Crafts masterpiece full of Art Nouveau imagery designed by Mary Watts – return to our original departure points with comfort stops en route.
Half board accommodation
All excursions & guided tours included
Blue Badge guide on Days 2 & 3
Return ferry crossing to the Isle of Wight
Executive coach throughout
One free place per 10 paying passengers
Winchester - guided tour
Jane Austen’s House Museum
Tour of Isle of Wight
Mary Rose Museum
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
Watts Gallery & Chapel - guided tour
Four nights on half board basis at the 4* Norton Park Hotel. Located in a countryside setting on the outskirts of Winchester, facilities at the hotel include a restaurant, bar and swimming pool and all rooms are en suite.
Single room supplement £89
Entrance fees to places of interest (NT properties free to NT members)
Tailor-make this tour
Your tailor made tour
Here are some more suggested places of interest you might like to include:
- Pallant House Gallery - this Grade I listed Queen Anne townhouse boasts one of the best collections of modern British art with works by Henry Moore, Walter Sickert, Ben Nicholson, Eduardo Paolozzi and Peter Blake
- Hinton Ampner - an elegant National Trust country house with an outstanding collection of furniture, paintings and objets d’art boasting a garden considered a masterpiece of 20th century design
- Chawton House Library - a unique collection of over 9,000 books together with related original manuscripts focusing on women’s writing from 1600 to 1830
- Watercress Line railway - one way train journey from Alresford to Alton runs through the heart of Hampshire
- National Motor Museum - in the heart of the glorious New Forest and home to some of the earliest examples of motoring and legendary world record breakers like Bluebird and Golden Arrow
- Mottisfont Abbey Garden, House & Estate - once a 12th century Augustine priory and now a handsome house set amidst glorious countryside along the River Test, boasts an interesting collection of modern art and grounds offering a magnificent collection of trees, walled gardens and a National Collection of old fashioned roses
- Stonehenge - the great stone circle was begun around 3000 BC in the late Stone Age and continued to evolve until about 1600 BC in the mid Bronze Age
Reviews for Winchester, the Isle of Wight & the Mary Rose Museum
Date of tour: October 2016
Thank you very much indeed for another very successful trip. You very kindly arranged an overnight tour for us to the Historic Docks at Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. It was the first time that we have tried an overnight UK tour, allowing us to go a little further afield and everyone wants another one next year. Becca was extremely good in arranging the tour, and we all look forward to our trip next year to Vienna.
Date of tour: May 2016
We are now home from a very successful trip. Absolutely everything worked according to plan and I should like you to particularly tell the coach company how the driver was in every way. We should like to have him next time! I should like to thank you for all the work you put into this tour it was greatly appreciated, and ‘next time’ was already being talked about on the journey home!
Date of tour: April 2014
This is just to thank you for what has proved to be a very successful and enjoyable holiday. The itinerary and arrangements worked well and the daily scheduling was very helpful and accurate. All guides and NT staffing levels were welcoming and effective. The hotel proved to be an excellent choice with high standards of professionalism, service, accommodation and meals. Our driver was very easy to work with and provided us with comfortable and safe journeys. Thank you again.
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor this tour
for your group
Tailor make your group tour
Remember this itinerary is just our suggestion. Tailor make this tour exclusively for your group to suit your members’ budget or preferences. You could:
- stay at a 3* hotel
- with less dinners included
- for more (or fewer) days
- include different excursions – see ‘Tailor-make this tour’ tab for suggestions
- bring a specialist lecturer
- include all entrance fees & gratuities
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor make the perfect tour
for your group