Day 1 – Turin
Scheduled flight from your preferred airport to Turin – transfer with our professional tour manager in our private executive coach to the 3* Best Western Genio Hotel in Turin.
Day 2 – Guided tour of Turin & Museo Egizio
Guided tour of Turin, the capital of Piedmont whose proximity to and centuries old ties with France give it a strong Gallic flavour, takes in sights such as the Duomo, the ancient Roman centre and Piazza San Carlo, a jewel of Baroque architecture – guided tour with an in house Egyptologist of the Museo Egizio to explore the history and civilization of Egypt including the Altar of Isis and the intact Kha and Merit Tomb.
Day 3 – Reggia di Venaria Reale & Museo Nazionale del Cinema
Guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Reggia di Venaria Reale, one of the largest royal residences in the world, designed and built for the Royal House of Savoy from 1675 by Amedeo di Castellamonte and boasting a wonderful art collection with beautiful frescoes – located inside the Mole Antonelliana, an unusual monument which is the symbol of the City of Torino, the Museo Nazionale del Cinema is one of the most important of its kind in the world with a vast collection of cinematic memorabilia.
Day 4 – Chieri & Vezzolano Abbey
Chieri dates back to Roman times and prospered from textile dealing with Northern Europe in the medieval era and a guided tour takes in sights such as the Cathedral, dedicated to Santa Maria della Scala, and the San Domenico church with its beautiful bell tower – Vezzolano Abbey, set amidst the rolling hills and vineyards that surround Asti, is one of the finest examples of Piedmontese Romanesque-Gothic architecture.
Day 5 – Palazzo Reale
Built in the late 17th and early 18th century, a guided tour of Palazzo Reale discovers halls decorated by the House of Savoy’s greatest artists including Peter Piffetti, Francesco de Mura, Claudio Francesco Beaumont and Daniel Seyter – transfer to the airport for our scheduled flight home.
All excursions & guided tours included
Professional tour manager
Scheduled flights to Italy
Executive coach in Italy
One free place per 10 paying passengers
Guided tour of Turin
Museo Egizio - guided tour
Reggia di Venaria Reale - guided tour
Museo Nazionale del Cinema
Four nights on bed and breakfast basis at the 3* Best Western Genio Hotel in the centre of Turin’s old town and just a few minutes’ walk from the main piazzas of the city. The hotel has a restaurant and bar and all rooms are en suite.
Single room supplement £99
Entrance fees to places of interest
Tailor-make this tour
Your tailor made tour
Here are some more suggested places of interest you might like to include:
- Palazzo Madama - housing the collections of the Museo Civico d’Arte Antica, Turin’s municipal museum of ancient art, this vast museum is a journey through time beginning with the medieval stonework collection, through the Renaissance and finishing with the decorative arts
- Duomo di San Giovanni - built between 1491 and 1498 on the site of three 14th century basilicas and, before that, a Roman theatre, Turin's cathedral is home to the famous Shroud of Turin
- Basilica di Superga - in 1706 when the city was saved from besieging French and Spanish armies, to honour the Virgin Mary the Basilica was built on a hill across the Po River and the lavish tombs within are the final resting place of the Savoy family
- Duomo di San Giovanni - built between 1491 and 1498 on the site of three 14th century basilicas and, before that, a Roman theatre, Turin's cathedral is home to the famous Shroud of Turin and a copy of the cloth is on permanent display
- Mole Antonelliana - this 167m tower with its distinctive aluminium spire is the symbol of Turin, and its glass panoramic lift whisks you 85m up through the centre of the tower to the roof terrace in 59 seconds where you are treated to amazing 360 degree views
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor this tour
for your group
Tailor make your group tour
Remember this itinerary is just our suggestion. Tailor make this tour exclusively for your group to suit your members’ budget or preferences. You could:
- stay at a 4* hotel
- on half board basis
- for more (or fewer) days
- include different excursions – see ‘Tailor-make this tour’ tab for suggestions
- include UK airport coach transfers
- bring a specialist lecturer
- include all entrance fees & gratuities
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor make the perfect tour
for your group