Day 1 – Florence
Scheduled flight to Italy from your preferred airport – transfer with our tour manager in our private executive coach to the 3* Hotel de Lanzi in central Florence.
Day 2 – Ospedale degli Innocenti, Galleria dell’Accademia & Palazzo Medici Riccardi
Ospedale degli Innocenti, originally an orphanage, is home to a collection of fifty works of art from the 14th to 18th centuries including Renaissance masterpieces such as the ‘Adoration of the Magi’ by Domenico del Ghirlandaio and ‘Madonna and Child’ by Sandro Botticelli – guided tour at Galleria dell’Accademia, founded in 1563, explores a fine collection of art by an array of artists including Botticelli, Filippino Lippi and Fra Bartolomeo, and of course, Michelangelo’s ‘David’ – Palazzo Medici Riccardi is the oldest Renaissance building in Florence.
Day 3 – Uffizi Gallery, Basilica of Santa Maria del Santo Spirito & Cappella Branacacci
Guided tour of the Uffizi Gallery, one of the world’s finest art galleries housing Renaissance art from the 14th to 18th century and originally established by the Medici family – the Basilica of Santa Maria del Santo Spirito, designed by Brunelleschi in 1435, has 38 side altars decorated with 15th and 16th century Renaissance paintings – Cappella Branacacci contains wonderful frescoes on ‘The Life of St Peter’ commissioned by the Florentine merchant Felice Brancacci around 1424.
Day 4 – The Bargello, the Duomo & Museo dell’Opera del Duomo
In a building dating back to 1255, a guided tour at The Bargello explores a wonderful medley of applied arts and Italy’s finest collection of Renaissance sculpture – at the richly decorated Duomo, Europe’s fourth largest church, we see the Campanile designed by Giotto and Brunelleschi’s dome – the Museo dell’Opera del Duomo is dedicated to the history of Florence’s most famous landmark.
Day 5 – Florence
Morning free to explore the city at your leisure before the transfer to the airport for our scheduled flight back home.
Central Florence hotel
All excursions & guided tours included
Professional tour manager
Scheduled flights to Italy
Executive coach in Italy
One free place per 10 paying passengers
Ospedale degli Innocenti
Galleria dell’Accademia - guided tour
Palazzo Medici Riccardi
Uffizi Gallery - guided tour
Basilica of Santa Maria del Santo Spirito
The Bargello - guided tour
The Duomo & Museo dell’Opera del Duomo
Four nights on bed and breakfast basis at the 3* Hotel de Lanzi. Located in the historic centre of Florence, facilities at the hotel include a bar and restaurant and all rooms are en suite.
Single room supplement £99
Entrance fees to places of interest
Tailor-make this tour
Your tailor made tour
Here are some more suggested places of interest you might like to include:
- Convent of San Marco - founded by Cosimo de’ Medici in 1436 and designed by the architect Michelozzo, the convent boasts wonderful frescoes by Fra Angelico who was a friar here
- Siena & San Gimignano - leave Florence for a day by adding an extra day or removing a day from this itinerary to visit Siena and San Gimignano
- Museum of Medici Chapels - in the vast complex of the Basilica of San Lorenzo, the parish church of the Medici family, Michelangelo designed the tombs of Lorenzo and Giuliano de' Medici, creating one of the masterpieces of the Italian Renaissance
- Pitti Palace - formerly the residence of the grand dukes of Tuscany and the King of Italy, now home to important collections of paintings, sculpture and porcelain and a costume gallery, and located in the Boboli Gardens, one of the earliest Italian gardens
Reviews for The Art & Architecture of Florence
Date of tour: October 2013
We have had a superb holiday – everything went extremely well and there were no anxious moments. Thank you for your excellent organisation!
Date of tour: February 2013
A quick line to thank you and your staff, especially Sandy, for organising our Art History visit to Florence. From my initial request for information, Tailored Travel has been outstanding constantly keeping me updated. All your arrangements worked like clockwork. Anna was very good throughout our stay. The group really appreciated her services. The hotel was of a far better standard than we expected. The group is looking forward to another visit next year and have asked me to arrange it through Tailored Travel. Thank you once again for an excellent tour and I would have no reservations in recommending Tailored Travel to any group.
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor this tour
for your group
Tailor make your group tour
Remember this itinerary is just our suggestion. Tailor make this tour exclusively for your group to suit your members’ budget or preferences. You could:
- stay at a 4* hotel
- on half board basis
- for more (or fewer) days
- include different excursions – see ‘Tailor-make this tour’ tab for suggestions
- include UK airport coach transfers
- bring a specialist lecturer
- include all entrance fees & gratuities
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor make the perfect tour
for your group