Day 1 – Attingham Park
Board our private executive coach at your preferred pick up points – stop at a convenient property en route such as Attingham Park near Shrewsbury, an elegant 18th century mansion with magnificent Regency interiors and silver, period furniture and painting collections – continue to the 3* Celtic Royal Hotel in Caernarfon.
Day 2 – Caernarfon Castle & Plas Newydd
Guided tour of Caernarfon Castle, constructed in 1283 as the definitive chapter in Edward I’s conquest of Wales – guided tour of the National Trust’s beautiful 18th century house at Plas Newydd, home of the Marquess of Anglesey and a mixture of classic and Gothic styles with wonderful views of Snowdonia.
Day 3 – Lloyd George Museum, Ffestiniog Railway & Portmeirion Village
The Lloyd George Museum commemorates the life and times of David Lloyd George, Britain's first modern Prime Minister, who led the country during the World War I and includes a visit to Highgate, the Victorian cottage where he spent his childhood – take the scenic Ffestiniog Narrow Gauge Railway from Minfford Station to Blaenau Festiniog where we are met once again by our coach – transfer the short distance to Portmeirion, built by Clough Williams- Ellis between 1925 and 1975 in the style of an Italian village.
Day 4 – Bodnant Gardens & Conwy Castle
One of the world’s most spectacular gardens, the 80 acre Bodnant Gardens located above the River Conwy features huge Italianate terraces and stunning views across Snowdonia – guided tour of Conwy Castle, completed in 1287 and one of Edward I’s chain of Welsh fortresses.
Day 5 – Powis Castle & Garden
The world famous garden at the National Trust’s Powis Castle and Garden was laid out under the influence of Italian and French styles and retains its original lead statues, while the medieval castle contains one of the finest collections of paintings and furniture in Wales – return to our original departure points with comfort stops en route.
All excursions & guided tours included
Half board accommodation
Executive coach throughout
One free place per 10 paying passengers
Caernarfon Castle - guided tour
Plas Newydd - guided tour
Lloyd George Museum
Conwy Cstle - guided tour
Powis Castle & Garden
Four nights on half board basis at the 3* Celtic Royal Hotel. Located in the centre of Caernarfon, facilities at the hotel include a restaurant, bar and swimming pool and all rooms are en suite.
Single room supplement £99
Entrance fees to places of interest (NT properties free to NT members)
Tailor-make this tour
Your tailor made tour
Here are some more suggested places of interest you might like to include:
- Snowdon Mountain Railway - an awe inspiring journey by Britain’s only rack and pinion railway to the summit of Snowdon
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct - boat excursion across the famous aqueduct built by Thomas Telford between 1795 and 1805 and which, according to UNESCO, represents a 'masterpiece of human creative genius'
- Penrhyn Castle - the first Lord Penrhyn, the owner of a nearby slate mine and also sugar plantations in the West Indies, filled his late 18th century neo-Norman fantasy castle with his amazing collection of paintings and other treasures
- Plas Mawr - built by Robert Wynn between 1576 and 1585, with elaborately decorated plaster ceilings and fine wooden screens, this is possibly the UK’s best preserved Elizabethan town house
- Gwydir Castle - set within a Grade I listed, 10 acre garden in the beautiful Conwy Valley, Gwydir is a fine example of a Tudor courtyard house
- Plas Brondanw Gardens - not as famous as his village of Portmeirion, but widely regarded to be Sir Clough Williams-Ellis’ masterpiece
- The ‘Marble Church’ - the Church of St Margaret of Antioch in Bodelwyddan boasts an interior featuring marble from Ireland, England, France and Italy and fine Victorian stained glass windows
Reviews for North Wales' Castles & Gardens
Date of tour: September 2016
We had a fabulous holiday to North Wales! The coach was extremely comfortable and the driver was superb. We were given the option to drive up though Wales from Bristol and we loved all the scenery as we made our way north to Caernarfon. The hotel was very comfortable and we enjoyed very good service, with many of us making the most of the swimming pool and sauna! The itinerary was good. Our highlights were Bodnant Gardens, the Lloyd George Museum and the rail and canal journeys, but each place on the itinerary was mentioned by someone in the review ‘a sentence about your highlight’ that I sent around the coach on the way home. Here are a couple of quotes; ‘Another absolutely wonderful holiday, everyday packed with fantastic highlights. Many thanks!’ ‘A most enjoyable holiday, much to do and the mountain scenery was stunning’. ‘Wonderful and helpful driver, and great company on board!’ So, as usual our thanks go to Tailored Travel for the superb organisation that gave us such a good holiday.
Date of tour: October 2015
We are all back and all enjoyed the holiday to North Wales. The hotel was of a very high standard and the staff most helpful. Amanda was a great guide and went out of her way to be helpful. Thanks you.
Date of tour: October 2014
Just to let you know that everything went well on the North Wales trip. Guide, driver, hotel and all arrangements. Weather perfect except for cloud and light rain just as we were approaching the summit of Snowdon! Thank you for all you did to make the tour run so smoothly. Everyone had a great time.
Date of tour: April 2014
Thank you to you & all your 'team' for putting together a lovely holiday in North Wales. The hotel was super and the food excellent including a special coeliac diet for the one member - the staff were so helpful & obliging at all times. Amanda, the Blue badge guide was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed her company along with all her knowledge. We had a lovely welcome at the Anglesey Federation by their chairman, Audrey Jones, whom I had met at a National Council Meeting some years ago! Again we were given a lovely lunch. Even the weather wasn't too bad! It was glorious when we went to Portmeirion with sun and blue skies! We even saw the top of Snowdon! All in all we had a good time with a lot of fun & laughter. Once again, many thanks to you all – it’s a pleasure working with you.
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor this tour
for your group
Tailor make your group tour
Remember this itinerary is just our suggestion. Tailor make this tour exclusively for your group to suit your members’ budget or preferences. You could:
- stay at a 4* hotel
- for more (or fewer) days
- include different excursions – see ‘Tailor-make this tour’ tab for suggestions
- bring a specialist lecturer
- include all entrance fees & gratuities
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor make the perfect tour
for your group