Day 1 – Clevedon Court
Board our private executive coach at your preferred pick up points – stop at a convenient property en route such as The National Trust’s Clevedon Court in Somerset which dates back to the Medieval period and has been the home of the Elton family since 1709 – continue to the 3* Best Western Restormel Lodge Hotel at Lostwithiel.
Day 2 – Penlee House, Tate St Ives & Barbara Hepworth Museum
Guided tour of Penlee House in Penzance, a gracious Victorian home and now a first class gallery and museum, to explore the skills and craftsmanship of painting in West Cornwall including the world famous Newlyn School and Lamorna Group artists – tour by one of the local gallery guides of the Tate St Ives’ outstanding collection of works by modern British artists – guided tour of the Barbara Hepworth Museum offering a unique insight to one of Britain's most important 20th century artists.
Day 3 – Cruise on the River Fal, Trelissick Garden & St Michael’s Mount
A one way scenic cruise on the River Fal to Trelissick Garden, beautifully positioned at the head of the Fal Estuary with commanding panoramic views over the area – guided tour of the enchanting island and converted 12th century castle at the National Trust’s St Michael’s Mount, once the location of a Benedictine monastery and now owned by the St Aubyn family.
Day 4 – Pencarrow House & Prideaux Place
Guided tour of the Georgian Pencarrow House, the family home of the Molesworth-St Aubyns, with a fine collection of pictures, furniture and porcelain and whose grounds include a beautifully proportioned sunken Italian garden and over 700 different varieties of rhododendrons – guided tour of Prideaux Place, the home of the Prideaux family for over 400 years and filled with royal and family portraits, fine furniture and the Prideaux Porcelain Collection.
Day 5 – Lanhydrock
Welcome talk at the National Trust’s Lanhydrock introduces us to one of the most complete late 19th century houses in England offering period atmosphere and extensive servants’ quarters with a garden featuring a stunning collection of magnolias, rhododendrons and camellias – return to our original departure points with comfort stops en route.
Half board accommodation
All excursions & guided tours included
Professional tour manager
Executive coach throughout
One free place per 10 paying passengers
Penlee House - guided tour
Tate St Ives - guided tour
Barbara Hepworth Museum - guided tour
Cruise on the River Fal
St Michael’s Mount - guided tour
Pencarrow House - guided tour
Prideaux Place - guided tour
Four nights on half board basis at the good quality 3* Best Western Restormel Lodge Hotel at Lostwithiel. Facilities include a restaurant, bar and outdoor swimming pool and all rooms are en suite.
Single room supplement £99
Entrance fees to places of interest (NT properties free to NT members)
Tailor-make this tour
Your tailor made tour
Here are some more suggested places of interest you might like to include:
- Trerice - Elizabethan manor house behind whose Dutch style gabled facade are ornate fireplaces, elaborate plaster ceilings and a superb collection of English furniture
- Trebah Garden - a 26 acre sub-tropical valley garden with a stunning coastal backdrop, rated amongst the 80 finest gardens in the world
- Cotehele, near Saltash - a Tudor house containing a fine collection of textiles, armour and furniture, set in a riverside estate featuring formal planted terraces and a richly planted valley garden
- Eden Project - a guided visit explores the plants, crops and landscapes from the humid tropics and warm temperate regions including olives, vines and citrus fruit from the Mediterranean, South Africa and California
- Lost Gardens of Heligan - some eighty acres of walled gardens and a huge kitchen garden
Reviews for Art & Gardens of Cornwall
Date of tour: October 2015
All was well with the Cornwall tour and the wonderful weather really lifted everyone's spirits. The hotel was good and well situated for easy access East and West. The food was good and the staff most amenable. Our driver Derek hailed from Bovey Tracey and so knew the roads like the back of his hand. All the trips went well. Many thanks.
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor this tour
for your group
Tailor make your group tour
Remember this itinerary is just our suggestion. Tailor make this tour exclusively for your group to suit your members’ budget or preferences. You could:
- stay at a 4* hotel
- for more (or fewer) days
- include different excursions – see ‘Tailor-make this tour’ tab for suggestions
- bring a specialist lecturer
- include all entrance fees & gratuities
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor make the perfect tour
for your group