Day 1 – Angers
Board our private executive coach at your designated pick up points – take the cross Channel ferry from your preferred port – continue to the Loire Valley and check in at the 4* Mercure Angers Centre Hotel in Angers – dinner in the hotel.
Day 2 – Guided tour of Angers
Guided tour of Angers, the capital from which Plantagenet kings ruled England and half of France – afternoon at leisure in Angers and you may choose to visit the impressive château housing an extraordinary medieval tapestry of the Apocalypse.
Day 3 – Châteaux d’Amboise & de Chenonceau
The impressive Renaissance Château d’Amboise houses the Chapel St Hubert, resting place of Leonardo da Vinci, and the Clos Luce where Da Vinci spent the last four years of his life – Château de Chenonceau is perhaps the most elegant of all châteaux in the Loire Valley and renowned for the arches that carry it across the water.
Day 4 – Abbaye de Fontevraud & Château de Villandry
Abbaye de Fontevraud is the 12th century resting place of Henry II, Eleanor of Aquitaine and Richard the Lion Heart – visit Château de Villandry with its famous 16th century three tiered gardens comprising a pond, and decorative and kitchen gardens.
Day 5 – Guided tour of Tours, Château de Saumur & wine tasting
Guided tour of the medieval quarter of Tours, a showcase of Gothic architecture including the stunning Cathedral St-Gatien – continue to Château de Saumur, built during the 14th century for the Ducs d’Anjou – tour and tasting at the nearby Gratien & Meyer Wine Cellars.
Day 6 – Monet’s Gardens
Depending on the location of your preferred port, visit Monet’s Gardens at Giverny where Monet came repeatedly through his life, letting his imagination rove amid the complex interplay of light and water to paint his magnificent Waterlillies series – continue for our Channel crossing back to the UK and then return to our original departure points with comfort stops en route.
All excursions & guided tours included
Professional tour manager
Executive coach throughout
Return Channel ferry crossings
One free place per 10 paying passengers
Angers - guided tour
Château de Chenonceau
Abbaye de Fontevraud
Tours - guided tour
Château de Saumur
Gratien & Meyer wine cellars
Monet’s Gardens at Giverny
Five nights at the 4* Mercure Angers Centre Hotel in Angers. Facilities include a restaurant and bar and all rooms are en suite. Dinner is included in our hotel on the first evening and the remaining nights are on bed and breakfast basis.
Single room supplement £124
Entrance fees to places of interest
Tailor-make this tour
TAILOR MAKE YOUR GROUP TOUR
Here are some more suggested places of interest:
- Château Brissac - acquired in 1502 by René de Cossé, first Lord of Brissac, and still the residence of the 13th Duke of Brissac, offers walks under imposing century old trees, along the riverbanks of the Aubance
- Château d’Azay-le-Rideau - one of the earliest of the Italianate style Renaissance châteaux of the Loire
- La Cave aux Sculptures - Protestant stonemasons in the 16th century Wars of Religion carved more than 400 figures into the walls, floors and ceilings
- Château du Plessis-Bourre - unaltered since 1468, the château was built by Jean Bourre, a friend and treasurer to Louis XI and Charles VIII
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor this tour
for your group
Tailor make your group tour
Remember this itinerary is just our suggestion. Tailor make this tour exclusively for your group to suit your members’ budget or preferences. You could:
- travel by Eurostar to Paris and then by coach to Tours
- stay at a 3* hotel
- on half board basis throughout
- with fewer or different excursions
- for more (or fewer) days
- include different excursions – see ‘Tailor-make this tour’ tab for suggestions
- bring a specialist lecturer
- include all entrance fees & gratuities
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor make the perfect tour
for your group