Day 1 – Lacock Abbey
Board our private executive coach at your preferred pick up points – stop at a convenient property en route such as Lacock Abbey near Chippenham, a fine abbey founded in 1232 many parts of which have survived largely intact while the Victorian woodland garden includes an 18th century summer house and rose garden – continue to the centrally located 4* Clayton Hotel in Cardiff.
Day 2 – Cardiff city tour, Cardiff Bay Visitor Centre & Wales Millennium Centre
Our guided tour of Cardiff includes a visit to the Senedd, the National Assembly Building, the exterior of the Norwegian Sailor’s Church, established in 1868 to provide religious and social care to thousands of Norwegian sailors that were employed in the Norwegian merchant fleet, and the Cardiff Bay Visitor Centre – a behind the scenes tour of the Wales Millennium Centre discovers the 2004 building that is home to the national orchestra and opera, dance and theatre companies.
Day 3 – Cardiff Castle & St Fagans National History Museum
Tour with our Blue Badge guide of Cardiff Castle exploring a history spanning nearly 2,000 years and introducing us to the lavish interiors created by William Burges for the 3rd Marquess of Bute – guided tour of the St Fagans National History Museum set in 100 acres of parkland with over forty original buildings and showing how the people of Wales have lived, worked and spent their leisure time over the last 500 years.
Day 4 – Castell Coch & National Museum & Art Gallery of Wales
Castell Coch, meaning Red Castle in Welsh, seems to be the perfect medieval fairytale castle but the interior is pure Victorian fantasy – an introductory tour takes us through a wonderful collection at the National Museum and Art Gallery of Wales including one of the best collections of Impressionist works outside Paris.
Day 5 – Tredegar House
Stop at a convenient property en route home such as the National Trust’s Tredegar House near Newport, one of the country’s best examples of a Charles II mansion, the earliest surviving part of which dates as far back as the early 1500’s – return to our original departure points with comfort stops en route.
4* central Cardiff hotel
Half board accommodation
All excursions & guided tours included
Blue Badge guide Days 2 to 4
Executive coach throughout
One free place per 10 paying passengers
Guided tour of Cardiff
Cardiff Bay Visitor Centre
Wales Millennium Centre
St Fagans National History Museum
National Museum & Art Gallery of Wales
Four nights on half board basis at the centrally located 4* Clayton Hotel in Cardiff. A 10 minute walk from Cardiff Castle, facilities include a restaurant and bar. All rooms are en suite.
Single room supplement £99
Entrance fees to places of interest (NT properties free to NT members)
Tailor-make this tour
Your tailor made tour
Here are some more suggested places of interest you might like to include:
- Blaenavon & the Big Pit National Coal Museum - a tour with a former miner depicts what life was like for the men who worked at the coal face
- National Botanic Garden of Wales - created within a beautiful 568 acre Regency park combining 200 year old historical features with modern architecture and landscaping
- Llandaff Cathedral - dating back to 1107, the mainly Gothic cathedral stands on one of the oldest Christian sites in Britain
- Caerleon Roman Baths, Newport - the most varied Roman site in Britain, the complex is home to a fortress and baths, a well preserved amphitheatre and a row of barrack blocks
- Norwegian Church - established in 1868 to provide religious and social care to the thousands of sailors who were employed in the Norwegian merchant fleet
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor this tour
for your group
Tailor make your group tour
Remember this itinerary is just our suggestion. Tailor make this tour exclusively for your group to suit your members’ budget or preferences. You could:
- stay at a 3* hotel
- with less dinners included
- for more (or fewer) days
- include different excursions – see ‘Tailor-make this tour’ tab for suggestions
- bring a specialist lecturer
- include all entrance fees & gratuities
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor make the perfect tour
for your group