Day 1 – Lacock Abbey
Board our private executive coach at your preferred pick up points – stop at a convenient property en route such as Lacock Abbey near Chippenham, a fine abbey founded in 1232 many parts of which have survived largely intact while the Victorian woodland garden includes an 18th century summer house and rose garden – continue to the centrally located 4* Clayton Hotel in Cardiff.
Day 2 – Cardiff city tour, Cardiff Bay Visitor Centre & Wales Millennium Centre
Our guided tour of Cardiff includes a visit to the Senedd, the National Assembly Building, the exterior of the Norwegian Sailor’s Church, established in 1868 to provide religious and social care to thousands of Norwegian sailors that were employed in the Norwegian merchant fleet, and the Cardiff Bay Visitor Centre – a behind the scenes tour of the Wales Millennium Centre discovers the 2004 building that is home to the national orchestra and opera, dance and theatre companies.
Day 3 – Cardiff Castle & St Fagans National Museum of History
Tour with our Blue Badge guide of Cardiff Castle exploring a history spanning nearly 2,000 years and introducing us to the lavish interiors created by William Burges for the 3rd Marquess of Bute – St Fagans National Museum of History, the 2019 Art Fund Museum of the Year, is set in 100 acres of parkland with over forty original buildings and a guided tour explores how the people of Wales have lived, worked and spent their leisure time over the last 500 years.
Day 4 – Castell Coch & National Museum & Art Gallery of Wales
Castell Coch, meaning Red Castle in Welsh, seems to be the perfect medieval fairytale castle but the interior is pure Victorian fantasy – time to wander through a wonderful collection at the National Museum and Art Gallery of Wales including one of the best collections of Impressionist works outside Paris.
Day 5 – Floors Castle
Stop at a convenient property en route home such as Floors Castle, originally built for the 1st Duke of Roxburghe in 1721 and home to a fine collection of priceless European paintings, tapestries and furnishings – return to our original departure points with comfort stops en route.
Half board accommodation
All excursions & guided tours included
Blue Badge guide Days 2 to 4
Executive coach throughout
One free place per 10 paying passengers
Guided tour of Cardiff
Cardiff Bay Visitor Centre
Wales Millennium Centre - behind the scenes tour
Cardiff Castle - guided tour
St Fagans National Museum of History Museum
National Museum & Art Gallery of Wales
Four nights on half board basis at the 4* Clayton Hotel in Cardiff. Located a ten minute walk from Cardiff Castle, facilities at the hotel include a restaurant and bar and all rooms are en suite.
Single room supplement £99
Entrance fees to places of interest (NT properties free to NT members)
Tailor-make this tour
Your tailor made tour
Here are some more suggested places of interest you might like to include:
- National Botanic Garden of Wales - created within a beautiful 568 acre Regency park combining 200 year old historical features with modern architecture and landscaping
- Llandaff Cathedral - dating back to 1107, the mainly Gothic cathedral stands on one of the oldest Christian sites in Britain
- Caerleon Roman Baths, Newport - the most varied Roman site in Britain, the complex is home to a fortress and baths, a well preserved amphitheatre and a row of barrack blocks
- Blaenavon & Big Pit National Coal Museum - a multimedia presentation focuses on the modern coal mine, whilst an underground tour with a former miner depicts what life was ike for the thousands of men who worked at the coal face
- Tredegar House - set in a beautiful 90 acre park, this is one of the best examples of a 17th century Charles II mansion in Britain, the earliest surviving part of which dates back to the early 1500’s
Reviews for Cardiff’s Art & Castles
Date of tour: May 2017
We returned last Friday from our holiday to Cardiff and South Wales. The trip went very smoothly and was enjoyed by all the participants. Petra, I would like to thank you in particular and, through you, Tailored Travel for the excellent organisation which you provided. It undoubtedly contributed a great deal to the success of the holiday.
Date of tour: July 2016
I have attached the piece covering this holiday that appeared in our Newsletter for July. You will see that a great time was had by all. Click here to read the article.
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor this tour
for your group
Tailor make your group tour
Remember this itinerary is just our suggestion. Tailor make this tour exclusively for your group to suit your members’ budget or preferences. You could:
- stay at a 3* hotel
- with less dinners included
- for more (or fewer) days
- include different excursions – see ‘Tailor-make this tour’ tab for suggestions
- bring a specialist lecturer
- include all entrance fees & gratuities
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor make the perfect tour
for your group