Day 1 – Bath
Board our private executive coach at your preferred pick up points – meet with our Blue Badge guide for a combined coach and walking tour of Bath taking in sights such as the Roman Baths, the Assembly Rooms and the Royal Crescent – check in at the 3* Limpley Stoke Hotel near Bath.
Day 2 – No 1 Royal Crescent & Holburne Museum of Art
The first town house of the Royal Crescent to be completed between 1767 and 1774 and an excellent example of Palladian architecture, No 1 is decorated with handsome hand painted marbled wallpaper with furniture and the artefacts of 18th century daily life – guided tour of the Holburne Museum of Art, the Museum displays superb English and continental silver, porcelain, glass and Renaissance bronzes and the Picture Gallery contains works by Turner, Stubbs and portraits of Bath society by Gainsborough.
Day 3 – Bristol guided tour & Herschel Museum
Guided tour of Bristol explores the city which was once one of Britain’s major ports and takes in the Clifton Suspension Bridge, spanning the beautiful Avon Gorge, designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel – guided tour of the Herschel Museum, the 18th century home of astronomer William Herschel where he made his telescopes and discovered the planet Uranus in 1781.
Day 4 – Tyntesfield & Wells
Tyntesfield, an extraordinary Gothic revival extravaganza, boasts an intact original Victorian interior, an unrivalled collection of Victorian decorative arts and landscaped gardens, kitchen gardens and park land – free time in Wells, the smallest city in England, to see the famous Gothic cathedral with its fine medieval statuary, stained glass, chapter house and astronomical clock, the 13th century Bishop's Palace and the Vicar's Close, a complete medieval street.
Day 5 – Bowood House & Gardens
Stop at a convenient property en route home such as Bowood House and Gardens in Wiltshire, the family home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne set in ‘Capability’ Brown grounds and home to a fine collection of watercolours, jewellery and Georgian costumes – return to our original departure points with comfort stops en route.
Half board accommodation
All excursions & guided tours included
Blue Badge guide in Bath
Executive coach throughout
One free place per 10 paying passengers
Guided tour of Bath
Number One Royal Crescent
Holburne Museum of Art
Guided tour of Bristol
Bowood House & Gardens
Four nights on half board basis at the 3* Limpley Stoke Hotel near Bath. This Georgian country hotel is conveniently situated on the outskirts of Bath in a delightful village setting. Facilities at the hotel include a restaurant and bar and all rooms are en suite.
Single room supplement £59
Entrance fees to places of interest (NT properties free to NT members)
Tailor-make this tour
Your tailor made tour
Here are some more suggested places of interest you might like to include:
- The American Museum - a collection of folk and decorative arts and the only museum of Americana outside the U.S., the Museum shows the diverse and complex nature of American traditions Bishop’s Palace, Wells - home to the Bishops of Bath and Wells for over 800 years
- Arnolfini - located in the heart of Bristol’s harbourside, this is one of Europe’s leading centres for the contemporary arts
- Montacute House - an Elizabethan house whose Long Gallery has over 60 Tudor and Elizabethan portraits on loan from the National Portrait Gallery
- Lacock Abbey, Fox Talbot Museum & Village - founded in 1232, many parts of this fine abbey have survived intact and the Victorian woodland garden includes an 18th century summer house and rose garden
- SS Great Britain - guided tour of the beautifully recreated First Class Dining Saloon, steerage quarters and Engine Room of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, the world’s first great ocean liner
Reviews for Bath, Bristol & Tyntesfield
Date of tour: April 2013
This was a most successful trip - everything went very smoothly. The hotel was a good choice, comfortable rooms and excellent food. The Blue Badge Guide of Bath was excellent. The Holburne Museum was interesting and the new extension made a very pleasant venue for afternoon tea. The American Museum was a great hit with everyone and its terrace, with a spectacular view, made a lovely place for afternoon tea. Thank you for all your help in setting up the visit.DH, Welwyn Garden
Date of tour: May 2011
I have just returned from a short holiday to Somerset and neighbouring counties as arranged by your goodselves. It was thoroughly enjoyable in every way and I would like to thank Lance, our tour manager, who made it so enjoyable. I would also like to pay tribute to Paul who drove the coach impeccably. Looking forward to enjoying another of your tours in the future.
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor this tour
for your group
Tailor make your group tour
Remember this itinerary is just our suggestion. Tailor make this tour exclusively for your group to suit your members’ budget or preferences. You could:
- stay at a central Bath 4* hotel
- for more (or fewer) days
- include different excursions – see ‘Tailor-make this tour’ tab for suggestions
- bring a specialist lecturer
- include all entrance fees & gratuities
Call us on
020 7064 4970
to tailor make the perfect tour
for your group